Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact a Customer Service Representative?
Call us at our toll-free number 1-866-918-3956 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To what address should I mail purchase orders?
All mail for Cherry Lake Publishing Group should be sent to the address listed on our contact page. Purchase orders should be marked to the attention of the order department.
Who should I notify in case of an address change?
Email us at email@example.com or call our toll-free number 1-866-918-3956.
Can I have a list of all your titles with their associated ISBN numbers?
Visit our download page to download ISBN numbers, titles, prices. This page also contains our most recent order form in Acrobat PDF format.
Can I be included on your mailing list to receive printed catalogs?
Certainly. To automatically receive free printed catalogs, fill out our catalog request form.
Can I view a sample of your books online?
Visit our comprehensive list of sample products.
Where can I download Acrobat Reader?
To download the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, visit the Adobe site.
Do you accept manuscripts?
Sleeping Bear Press is a publisher of quality children’s books. We publish a wide range of books, including board books, beginning readers, picture books, and select middle grade titles. We accept both fiction and nonfiction submissions. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and welcome stories from diverse authors. Please visit our Submissions page for more information.
To whom should I direct questions concerning copyrights?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll-free number 1-866-918-3956.
I noticed a mistake in one of your books. Who should I notify?
To submit corrections, please send an email to email@example.com or call our toll-free number 1-866-918-3956.
How do I return books with which I'm not satisfied?
If you are not completely satisfied with a product, you may return it for prompt and courteous credit or a full refund. We ask only that returned products be in salable condition. Before any return, please call 1-866-918-3956 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All returns must be pre-approved to be accepted for credit.
What payment options are available for online orders?
If you are ordering for a school or public library we can bill you. All other customers must prepay by check or pay by Credit Card. We accept Visa or MasterCard.
Are your books distributed in Canada?
Yes. Please contact Saunders Book Company to receive our books in Canada. Visit their website at http://www.librarybooks.com.
Will you ship orders to customers outside of the United States?
Regretfully, we do not ship books outside of the United States. Saunders Book Company distributes our books in Canada. For more information, visit their website at http://www.librarybooks.com.
How can I unsubscribe from your Mailing List?
Simply complete our removal form.
I forgot my password. How can I access My Account?
Use our Forgotten Password form to generate a new password for your account.
What is an ISBN number?
An ISBN is an International Standard Book Number. Every book sold anywhere in the world should have a unique ISBN, meaning you can find any book in the world simply with that one number. (Occasionally, ISBNs are reused for books that have long been out of print, but this practice is discouraged.) An ISBN number has ten characters and is assigned by R. R. Bowker in the United States and by a variety of agencies worldwide.
Where do I find a book's ISBN number?
An ISBN can usually be located on the back cover of a book above the bar code. It looks like this (circled in red):
An ISBN can similarly be found on the copyright page (one of the first pages in a book containing library cataloging information):
NB: A book’s ISBN can also be determined by visiting the respective product page on this website.
Do you offer library processing services?
Please visit our downloads page for a complete list of library processing services. Important: Processed books are not returnable if processed according to your instructions.
Do schools and libraries receive discounts?
Yes. For complete details, please refer to our Prices and Discounts page.
Is your product data available for download?
Why do I need eBooks?
eBooks add another dimension of experience and accessibility to the award winning content from Cherry Lake Publishing Group. In addition to the intuitive, easy-to-use interface, your students will appreciate being able to access your eBook collection from their favorite web browser, iPad, or Kindle Fire.
What is the difference between a print book and an eBook?
The content of the eBook is the same as the print book. Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks have all of the same material as the print book and are available online 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Is it easy to build an eBook collection?
Absolutely. Building an eBook collection is like building a print collection, only now your library’s users have unlimited access to the content!
How are eBooks discovered/accessed?
There are multiple ways to find and access Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks:
- The eBooks section of Cherry Lake Publishing Group’s website provides the ability to browse or search all of your library’s eBook purchases.
- Your school or library’s website can provide a link to Cherry Lake’s eBook website, where users can log in with a username and password.
- Your Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) can enable access to Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks. You can bypass our username and password requirement if you provide an IP address range or a referring URL for user authentication. Then users can click a link in the MARC record to access the eBook immediately. If an IP range or referring URL is not provided, users will be routed to a log-in page.
What are the features of the hosted eBooks?
- Bookmarking: Users can “bookmark” eBook pages with short notes. To do so, navigate to the page you want to bookmark, and then click on the bookmark icon in the lower left hand corner of the page. Type your short note in to the space provided and click “Add.” These bookmarks are saved as “cookies” on the computer the book is opened on, so the bookmarks do not stay with the book; they will only be visible if the book is opened on the same computer.
- Thumbnail View: Every eBook includes a thumbnail view of each page in the book. Clicking on a thumbnail image will take users to the corresponding page.
- Fullscreen View: Every eBook includes the option to view the page at full screen. Look for the icon along the bottom of the eBook. To return to the regular view, click the Esc button on your keyboard.
- Search: Our eBooks are searchable by keyword. Along the top of the eBook page, you will find a search bar. After you enter your search term and hit the Enter/Return key, the search results will appear along the left hand side of the eBook screen. Users can click on each result to go to the page that includes the result. The search term will be highlighted on the page.
- Page Navigation: The arrow icons in the lower right hand corner of the page allow users to navigate through the book page by page or jumping from the cover to the back page. The arrows at the left /right of the book pages also allow navigation from page to page. Users can also “grab” a page corner with their mouse and pulling it across their screen, thereby “turning” the page.
- Select Text: Allows the user to select text from a page and copy/paste it to another document.
- Print: Students have the option to print the pages they are currently viewing.
What privileges does an account administrator have?
An account administrator can download usage statistics, add or change usernames and passwords, and update other account information. When logging in, an account administrator will see a link in the top bar that says “Manage My Account.” Clicking on that link will lead them to these options.
How can I get usage statistics for my account?
First, log on using the account administrator credentials. Then click on “Manage My Account.” Scroll down to “Activity Report.” Put dates in the “Date Start” and “Date End” fields, and then click on “Run Report.” Note: This tool began collecting data September 10, 2011. If you need data from before that date, please request it by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
What information is included in the usage reports?
The usage reports include the number of visits for title by each user within the account (i.e. administrator vs. student logins). It also includes information on where the title was accessed, geographically, based on the users’ IP address. Please note that we cannot capture the number of pages turned within each book by user.
Can multiple users access the same eBook at the same time?
Absolutely — Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks come with an unlimited simultaneous user license when you purchase a multiple, or unlimited, user license.
What devices are necessary to view an eBook?
Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks can be viewed on any PC or Mac. Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks are also compatible with iPads and other tablet devices that have web browsing capabilities. Cherry Lake Publishing Group’s PDF-formatted eBooks can be read on Macs and PCs, tablet devices, eReaders, and smart phones.
Can eBooks be viewed from home or outside the library?
Yes. Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks can be viewed from any device with internet access and web browsing capabilities. Remote users will need to authenticate through your website, OPAC, or on Cherry Lake Publishing Group’s eBook site by providing an assigned username and password.
Can Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks be printed by the user?
Yes, however printing is limited to two pages at a time. This encourages your users to print only what is needed.
Can Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks be downloaded?
99% of our customers take advantage of our web-hosted eBook option as it offers the most convenient access for users and eliminates the need for file management for our customers. However, for those who prefer to manage their own files and do not have the need for the interactive flip book format, PDF downloads are available.
How do I order Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks?
Ordering Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks works just like ordering a print version. Browse our site and place desired titles in your shopping cart and proceed through the normal checkout process. You can also order Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks through your sales representative or favorite distributor.
How are eBooks delivered?
Your eBooks will be available for use and viewing within two business days after the order is received. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with account and support information.
Does Cherry Lake Publishing Group provide MARC records for its eBook titles?
Yes, MARC records are available for all Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks. To order MARC records, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-918-3956. You can contact Customer Service with your processing order either before or after you place your order. For orders over $350, MARC records are free; for orders under $350, the price is $12.00 per order.
Note that if you provide an IP address range or a referring URL for user authentication, students can access the eBook directly from the MARC record. A link to the eBook is stored in the 856 tag; students can click the link in your library’s online catalog to access the eBook immediately. If an IP range or referring URL is not provided, however, students will be rerouted to the log-in page.
Can I trial or demo Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks before I buy?
Yes! Click here to sign up for a free 30-day trial. You’ll have access to 25 full-length eBooks during your free trial.
What are the minimum technical requirements to use Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks?
Our eBooks are built in HTML5. On a desktop view, our eBooks can be used on a Mac or PC platform. A minimum of 512 MB of RAM is recommended. The last two versions of the following browsers are supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari for Mac OS X (macOS).
How does authentication work for Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks?
There are four authentication options:
- Username and Password: When you set up an account, you can request specific usernames and passwords for the administrator log-in and the student log-in. Many librarians choose to have all of their students use the same username/password, but you can set up as many additional log-ins as you like.
- IP Address Authentication: If you provide us with your school’s IP address range, students and teachers who access Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks from your building will automatically be logged in and will not have to enter a username and password. Please note that IP authentication is not an access option in districts that use a shared public IP address (unless a district-wide order is placed).
- Referring URL Authentication: If your school has a secure password-protected site and you provide us with the URL, students will be automatically logged in when they click on a Cherry Lake Publishing Group link from your site, whether they are at school or at home. Cherry Lake Publishing Group will provide logos or cover images for your website upon request.
- MARC Records: Students can access the eBooks directly from a link in the MARC records in your library’s online catalog. However, if no IP address or referring URL is provided, users will be redirected to a log-in screen when they click on the link in your online catalog.
What type of file format do Cherry Lake Publishing Group eBooks come in?
Cherry Lake Publishing Group provides two options for our eBooks: Web-Hosted and PDF. Our web-hosted eBooks are in a ‘flip book’ format that is built in a dual Flash and mobile platform. They allow the reader to turn pages, make the page larger, and to enjoy other interactive features. Links to our hosted eBooks can be embedded in your OPAC for easy access from home or school, with multiple user access, too.
Our eBooks are also available in a PDF format that schools and libraries can download for their own file management and circulation.
How do I contact Cherry Lake Publishing Group for more help ordering eBooks?
Click here to find your local sales representative that will be able to help you with your order or contact customer service at email@example.com or 866-918-3956.
Who can I contact for more help using eBooks or to answer additional questions?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 952-232-6657
I purchased a book that indicates activities are available at cherrylakepublishing.com. Where are they?
Activities and teaching guides are available here
How do I request permission to use content from a Cherry Lake book?
Please refer to our Permissions page.
What should I do if I forget, lose or want to change my password?
Visit our technical partner’s website and enter your user name or email address. You will receive instructions via email on how to reset your password.